James' 1st Birthday Party - "Born to Soar!"




GO BIG or GO HOME! - they always say, right?  And what better time to do that than for your first born's first birthday. Haha!

The theme had to be big and boy. We have a huge hallway wall that was blank and screaming to be decorated.  The idea of the paper airplane came from... I'm not sure. I think I just saw some ideas on Pinterest with actual airplanes and thought, there aren't many people who did PAPER airplanes and the idea took flight.  *wink*

Every parent wants their kid to do big things when they grow up, so "Born to Soar" as a theme just seemed to fit.  Plus it really did feel like time flew by this first year.  On our main wall, we had his monthly photos strung across the "sky" among the flying paper airplanes (pictured above).

Lastly, I would like to say that I could not have pulled this off without my wonderful & beautiful friends!  I had some wonderful ladies (StephC, AnneK, J.Liu, & Vinita) come and fold, glue, and tape paper airplanes with me.  We probably spent about 4-5 hours alone on the airplanes and for that, I am forever grateful!  ♥ jen




Make your own airplane station!






There were a couple of games people could participate in: "Flight Deck" - aircraft carrier landing accuracy & "Top Gun"- fly your airplane through the rings. The last game wasn't really a game but it was for people to make the most creative paper airplane.

The prizes: scotch glasses with an airplane decal.


One of the scoreboards.


The most delicious custom made sugar cookies!


 Happy 1st, baby boy. Mama LOVES you so much!









Comments

Popular Posts