SNOOPY Birthday Party!

If someone was to walk into this Snoopy themed party, they'd think there was an eight year old birthday boy being celebrated. But instead, I decorated this party for my friend who turned 33!  HAHA!  The thing about decorating for an adult is that things do need to be a bit more streamlined and clean.  I was super excited to work on this project because I love surprises - especially surprises for people I love.  In the end, it turned out exactly the way I had envisioned and I loved how everything turned out! Check it out!!! :D  Thanks to viv and roger who helped me hang all this stuff up!  I couldn't have done it without you!!!!

Checklist of things that were made:
Snoopy doghouse / cake stand
Peanuts themed penants
Cartoon clouds and bushes for background
Snoopy cut out / birthday card / balloon
Woodstock gift topper
Dogbone shaped cookies
Cake made by Ida (www.facebook.com/idas.sweet.creations)


My initial sketch plans. 

I found the sturdiest box I had to make the Snoopy doghouse - a diaper box of course!

I cut slits at an angle on each side flap to form the front and back of the Snoopy dog house.

I cut another piece of sturdy cardboard to the width of the house making sure it was slightly wider so I could make tabs that would be hot glued to the center for extra support!


The roof was made of two side panels of another box glued together at the top and wrapped in red construction paper.  I reinforced the roof further with more cardboard and hot glue!


Snoopy doghouse final touces - thin black stripes.


Painting black stripes with the steadiest hand.  *Kneepads optional!* hehe ;)


Charlie brown stripes were painted on yellow construction paper first.


Here you can see the rest of the Snoopy items painted with black paint.


The last final detail was making this reversable dog name plate.  Dog bone shapped sugar cookies in a real dog bowl really brought the doghouse to life!


The final PRODUCT!!!  Everything turned out so beautifuL!!!



Woodstock was painted on poster board, cut, and then taped a skewer onto the back to stick into the egg.  This egg was also the wrapping of the birthday gift.


Snoopy cake on top of the doghouse was really the centerpiece of the whole decor.  Ida did such an amazing job with this cake - not only did it look good but it was DELICIOUS!!! :D 


Another angle of Snoopy sleeping on his house.








Comments

Popular Posts