Peg Doll Wedding Cake Toppers


This post wasn't originally intended to be a "how to" persay, but rather just a showing of my process.  But if you can get ideas from this post, learn something, and be inspired, then my job here is done. :D  If you would like step by step instructions, check out Goose Grease.  They have the most darling how to steps & Etsy store!

1)  First, I started with the bride and groom's hairstyle & face.

2)  Next, I painted the bride's gown white and the groom's tux gray.  After finishing up the bride, I used the left over white to paint the groom's collared shirt and cuffs.

3)  I added subtle light gray lines to mimic the wedding dress' cinched waist band and lace detailing.
I went ahead and added shading on the groom's white collar shirt as well, using the same gray from the wedding gown details.

 4)  I painted in the silver tie, boutonniere, & the bride bouquet, all to match the actual bride and groom outfits, of course!

 5)  Leaving the wooden people just like that is super cute, but to add an even more personal touch, I made a stencil of their alma mater and painted those in on the bottom left hand side of each doll.  I kept the size of each logo quite small to keep the look classic, delicate, and sophisticated.


DETAIL SHOTS:



Lastly, I finished up the project with a layer of top coat and let it dry overnight.  I had so much fun making these and as you can see, they're quite photogenic.  I can't wait to see these two sitting on top of a beautiful wedding cake!

Happy Painting! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts